Eric G. Hoerner
Eric G. Hoerner has over 32 years of experience in the financial services industry. He founded Greenleaf Financial Group, LLC in 2006 and currently serves as CEO and Chief Investment Officer of Greenleaf. Greenleaf manages a series of private investment partnerships that invest primarily in community banks across the United States. Mr. Hoerner also provides independent strategic consulting services to community bank CEO’s and boards of directors.
Current Corporate Board Work
Prior Corporate Board Work
- MidCoast Community Bancorp Inc. (Wilmington, DE)
- Nantahala Bank & Trust Company (Franklin, NC) – Chair of Audit Committee, member of Consent Order Committee and ALCO Committee.
- Greenleaf Financial Group, LLC – Founder and CEO
Aggregate Board Experience
- Hiawatha National Bank (Hager City, WI) from April 2012 to December 2013.
- The Nashua Bank (Nashua, NH) from April 2011 to December 2012 - Chair of Governance/Compensation Committee and Vice Chairman of Audit Committee. Served during 2012 as lead director in this bank’s assessment of its strategic alternatives and sale to New Hampshire Thrift Bancshares, Inc. (Nasdaq: NHTB).
- Griffin Financial Group, LLC from September 2001 to June 2006 – Privately held investment banking firm. Served on the Board of Directors and was a Senior Managing Director.
- Corporate: Five Companies. 18 aggregate years – 12 years private company/6 years public company.
- Non-profit: Six institutions. Over 45 aggregate years
- Professional Director Certification, conferred by American College of Corporate Directors, a director education and credentialing organization.
- Since 2009, has completed at least 40 hours per year of bank director education programs and has served as a panelist and discussion leader at several bank director education programs.
Mr. Hoerner began his career in December of 1980 in the Philadelphia office of Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co. (now KPMG). During his three-year tenure at Peat Marwick, Mr. Hoerner focused on the firm’s bank and thrift clients while dividing his time between the Audit and Consulting divisions. He began his investment banking career in 1985 and spent over 21 years covering financial institutions in the Mid Atlantic region. He spent 15 of those years as a senior banker with Tucker Anthony and predecessor firms. Highlights of his investment-banking career include:
- Served as senior banker on over 80 transactions with aggregate value of approximately $3.7 billion
- Numerous strategic planning and investor relations engagements for banks and thrifts
- Served as the senior banker on several innovative transactions in the insurance industry
Mr. Hoerner is a CPA (non-practicing) and served on the Financial Institutions Committee of the Pennsylvania Institute of CPA’s from 1995 through 2006, including serving as the chairman of the committee from 2004 through 2006. Mr. Hoerner received a B.S. degree in accounting from Bucknell University.
« Back to About Greenleaf